October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Christy Beck from Beck Psychotherapy shares his tips with Domestic Violence.
Tips to prevent Domestic Violence
• Develop an understanding of what healthy relationships and healthy communication look like
• Show respect for women and girls
• Learn skills and knowledge for modeling respectful behavior with other men and boys
• Engage in “Responsible bystander” skills and behavior
• Become a leader in a community or in a school to create programs and policies that can change behaviors and attitudes
They can also join in with thousands of other men and boys with the new campaign: #HowIWillChange
Beck Psychotherapy provides online screenings to help members of the community check on their own mental health. Click the link for a free and anonymous screening. Beck Psychotherapy is located at 103 East Beaver Ave. Suite #2 in State College, and you can call them at (814) 409-7744. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.