Editors note: This story previously reported all Altoona Area School District employees would receive the $1,000 bonus. It has since been corrected to explain the bonus would go to employees covered by Act 93.
BLAIR COUNTY, Pa (WTAJ) – One Altoona school has approved retention bonuses for faculty and staff.
On Monday, Aug. 15, the Altoona Area School Board approved a $1,000 bonus for employees covered by Act 93. This would include principals and administration staff. The funds come from the Federal Covid Emergency Relief Fund.
Retention is important for the quality and stability of the school’s education and community efforts.
Dr. Charles Prijatelj noted that the bonuses are thank you to staff for all that they’ve done.
“We’ve had people going above and beyond when it comes to dealing with health and safety issues, and all these things being driven by COVID, and it’s taken its toll. From that standpoint, it’s a ‘thank you’ to those that have stuck with us through this entire process,” Prijatelj said.
- Houtzdale man, 4 dogs send PA trooper to hospital: ‘Serious injuries’
- Blair County bridge dedicated to fallen Vietnam War marine
- Pennsylvania State Trooper Association endorses Shapiro, Oz
- Search for missing man underway in Elk County
- Mastriano abortion “murder” comments find new life in Pennsylvania Governor race
The district says the funds will cost more than $87,000.