BEDFORD COUNTY, Pa (WTAJ) — A home was seriously damaged Thursday night by an electrical fire in Bedford County.

Image provided by the Imler Area Volunteer Fire Company.

Several Bedford and Blair County fire departments were sent to the home along Heritage Road in Osterburg at 8:04 p.m. Imler Area Volunteer Fire Company was first to respond to the scene and several other departments were called to assist.

According to Imler Fire Chief Rob Dennis, the fire was caused by a malfunctioning electric space heater. No one was injured in the fire and a family at the home was able to escape on their own. Dennis said the fire has displaced the family but the Red Cross was sent to help them.

Several departments out of Bedford and Blair County were called to the scene to assist including the Alum Bank Volunteer Fire Company, Blue Knob Volunteer Fire Company, Claysburg Volunteer Fire Company and Southern Cove Volunteer Fire Company.

Get daily updates on local news, weather and sports by signing up for the WTAJ Newsletter

An ambulance was also called to the scene in case of any injuries.