UPDATE: On Friday, Aug. 12, The Centre County Coroner’s office announced Alexzander Fries, 19, of Weedsville was working in a bucket truck when the bucket touched live electric wires. Deputy Coroner J.D. Kubalak pronounced Fries dead at the scene. Following an autopsy, Fries died as a result of electrocution and his death has been ruled accidental.
Pennsylvania State Police announced Thursday that one man has died due to being electrocuted. In their release, they said the male victim was working at the residence when he was electrocuted.
Below is the original story
CENTRE COUNTY, Pa (WTAJ) — A Centre County corners office member was called to the scene after an individual was electrocuted Wednesday.
The man was employed by Centre WISP Venture Company LLC and does not have prior OSHA history. The company was installing a broadband service in the rural parts of Centre County.
OSHA is investigating the incident and has up to six months to complete the investigation.
Members of the Penns Valley EMS attempted life-saving measures but were unsuccessful and he the man died.
According to State Police, the death has been ruled accidental.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates and download the WTAJ app to receive breaking news notifications.