JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies (CFA) has begun accepting applications for its 2023 Community Initiatives Grant Round.
Applications for transformative projects that address and/or enhance issues such as business and workforce development, placemaking amenities and recreational/natural assets, housing and blight, and transportation, serving Cambria and Somerset counties will be considered.
Grant applications will close at 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22 and distribution and announcement of funds are expected to take place by the end of the year.
Projects should address at least one of the following priorities:
- Mentor and invest in our youth
- Develop our current and future leaders
- Modernize infrastructure
- Remediate blight, redevelop properties, and/or align housing stock with demand
- Leverage and conserve natural resources
- Recruit and retain businesses with family-sustaining employment
- Market and promote our region
Projects should demonstrate broad-based collaboration. Applicants must have a Federal Tax ID Number and a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or be a governmental body or church. Grants will not be awarded retroactively for projects.