DETROIT (AP) — Ford is recalling more than 1.5 million vehicles in the U.S. in two actions to fix leaky brake hoses and windshield wiper arms that can break.
The largest of two recalls covers nearly 1.3 million 2013 through 2018 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKX midsize cars. The company says in documents posted Friday by safety regulators that the front brake hoses can rupture and leak brake fluid. That would increase brake pedal travel and make stopping distances longer.
Dealers will replace the hoses. Ford will mail owner notification letters starting April 17. They’ll get a second letter once parts are available for the fix.
Owners who are experiencing problems should call their dealer, Ford says. There are some parts already available for repairs. The company says only about 2% of the vehicles will have brake hose leaks.
- Select Gerber powdered formulas recalled over bacteria concerns
- Ford recalls 1.5M vehicles to fix brake hoses, wiper arms
- Honda recalling 500,000 vehicles to fix seat belts
- Purina expands recall for dog food that may cause kidney issues, sickness in pets
- Crib bumpers recalled for violating federal ban
Ford says it’s aware of one crash with no mention of injuries due to the problem.
The second recall covers more than 222,000 F-150 pickups from 2021. The windshield wiper arms can break.
Dealers will replace the arms if needed. Owners will be notified starting March 27.