STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (WTAJ) – The Associated Press released its midseason All-America team on Wednesday and one Nittany Lion was selected.
Penn State left tackle Olu Fashanu was listed on the second team. The midseason All-America honor is just one of the many accolades that the senior has racked up in his time in Happy Valley.
Last season, Fashanu was named a Walter Camp second-team All-American and third-team All-American by Phil Steele. The Waldorf, Maryland native also earned second-team All-Big Ten honors from the coaches and third team by the media.
Heading into this season, Fashanu was tabbed as an Associated Press, Sporting News and PFF preseason first-team All-American. He also was on the watch list for numerous awards including the Outland Trophy; Walter Camp Player of the Year; William V. Campbell Trophy; Lombardi Award and Reese’s Senior Bowl.
A full list of the midseason All-America team can be found below:
FIRST TEAM – OFFENSE
- Quarterback — Michael Penix Jr., Washington.
- Running backs — Jonathon Brooks, Texas; Audric Estime, Notre Dame.
- Tackles — Joe Alt, Notre Dame; Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State.
- Guards — Cooper Beebe, Kansas State; Zak Zinter, Michigan.
- Center — Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon.
- Tight end — Brock Bowers, Georgia.
- Wide receivers — Malik Nabers, LSU; Luther Burden III, Missouri; Rome Odunze, Washington.
- All-purpose player — Ashton Jeanty, Boise State.
- Kicker — Will Reichard, Alabama.
FIRST TEAM – DEFENSE
- Edge rushers — Laiatu Latu, UCLA; Dallas Turner, Alabama.
- Interior linemen — Howard Cross III, Notre Dame; Jer’Zhan Netwon, Illinois.
- Linebackers — Payton Wilson, North Carolina State; Jason Henderson, Old Dominion; Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M.
- Cornerbacks — Kool-aid McKinstry, Alabama; Kris Abrams-Draine, Missouri.
- Safeties — Malaki Starks, Georgia; Jaylin Simpson, Auburn.
- Defensive back — Cooper DeJean, Iowa.
- Punter — Tory Taylor, Iowa.
SECOND TEAM – OFFENSE
- Quarterback — Jayden Daniels, LSU.
- Running backs — Ray Davis, Kentucky; Blake Corum, Michigan.
- Tackles — Olu Fashanu, Penn State; Javon Foster, Missouri.
- Guards — Christian Haynes, UConn; Tanner Miller, Oregon State.
- Center — Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia.
- Wide receivers — Marvin Harrison, Jr, Ohio State; Troy Franklin, Oregon; Xavier Legette, South Carolina.
- Tight end — Cade Stover, Ohio State.
- All-purpose player — Keon Coleman, Florida State.
- Kicker — Graham Nicholson, Miami (Ohio).
SECOND TEAM – DEFENSE
- Edge rushers — Jonah Elliss, Utah; Mohamed Kamara, Colorado State.
- Interior linemen — T’Vondre Sweat, Texas; Byron Murphy II, Texas.
- Linebackers — Danny Stutsman, Oklahoma; Jay Higgins, Iowa; Power Echols, North Carolina.
- Cornerbacks — Denzel Burke, Ohio State; Maxwell Hairston, Kentucky.
- Safeties — Tyler Nubin, Minnesota; Calen Bullock, Southern California.
- Defensive back — Sebastian Castro, Iowa.
- Punter — Matthew Hayball, Vanderbilt.